Leaking propane is a heavy substance and without proper ventilation can collect in places, such as a garage. If ignited, propane will burn or explode.
A Fontana woman suffered second- and third-degree burns to her upper body in a propane tank explosion and fire late the other night. Firefighters and police were called to a Fontana neighborhood after neighbors heard an explosion but didn't know where it came from. Once officers found the location, the woman was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
Apparently the woman was living in a garage that had been converted into a living space. When she tried to light her camp stove, it exploded, causing an entire wall to be blown out and the roof to collapse. The camp stove was connected to a hose, leading through a wall and out of the garage to a give-gallon propane tank outside.
There are many reasons for the explosion, including improper use, maintenance or negligence of the propane gas supplier or installed. Officers are investigating.
If you think you are entitled to compensation for losses, damages, or severe injuries because of a propane tank explosion, contact an experienced San Bernardino Personal Injury attorney who will conduct an investigation to determine who is at fault.