Are you aware that mushroom season is once again upon us? It comes when the fall rainy season begins.
There are too many cases regarding someone who unintentionally picks and eats a poisonous variety, leading to hospitalization or death. Apparently this was the case in a Northern California assisted-living facility. The residents were fed homemade mushroom soup. Unfortunately, this hot meal led to two deaths and four others falling ill.
Family members explained to authorities that the cook made delicious homemade soups that everyone loved. It is hard for anyone to believe this has happened. According to California data, there have been more than 1,700 reported cases of mushroom ingestion-related illnesses in a two-year period.
This is a tragic accident that has happened. However, this can happen anywhere. If your loved one gets sick while residing in an assisted-living facility and you believe it is because of the negligent actions of another person, contact an experienced San Bernardino Personal Injury attorney who can investigate your case to determine if you are entitled to compensation for damages incurred.