With holidays approaching, people are out and about doing their Christmas shopping, going to lunches and parties, visiting friends. People are walking and talking, and hopefully paying attention to their surroundings, especially while crossing the streets.
When a car collides with a pedestrian, there is high potential for serious injury. Drivers should take appropriate care in crowded areas and watch out for pedestrians who enter the roadway. In addition, pedestrians should follow the advice given to young children: Look both ways before attempting to cross the street. Other tips for pedestrians to follow in order to keep safe during the holidays and all year round are:
· Obey traffic signals
· Look left - then right - then left again - before crossing the street, even when in a
· Watch for turning vehicles when crossing
· Remain alert and aware of cars as they approach and pass you
· Never assume drivers see you because you see them
· When sidewalks are not present, walk as far away from the roadway as possible.
If you are injured by a negligent driver while crossing the street, contact an experienced San Bernardino Personal Injury attorney who will focus on helping you receive compensation while holding negligent parties responsible for their actions so they cannot hurt other people.