Those of you who have been unfortunate enough to be in an automobile accident know that it can ruin your entire day.
Even if you are a safe and careful driver, that doesn't mean that the driver next to you is one as well. Are you aware that there are over 2 million automobile accidents every year in the United States?
You just don't have the time to deal with the damage to your car, your own injuries, and liability issues. If you are involved in an accident, there are certain things you should do, such as making sure the other driver and passengers are safe, getting the other driver's name and insurance information, and calling the police.
Steps to take after an accident:
- Never leave the scene - regardless of how minor the damage is or if no one seems to be injured
- Always call 911 - make a report so you have proof of what happened
- Stay calm if possible - try to be polite and considerate even if the other driver was at fault
- Document the accident - write down everything you can about what happened and get other driver's insurance information
- Follow up - see a doctor, call your insurance company, contact a personal injury attorney
If you have been involved in an accident? Do you need the help of a San Bernardino Personal Injury attorney? Contact the law offices of Peach & Weathers for an attorney who is dedicated to helping his clients receive justice and fairness through the highest monetary compensation available.