If you've been injured as a result of another person's negligent actions, there are certain facts you should know.
I have been asked if there is a minimum personal injury settlement amount. This depends on the circumstances surrounding your case. Generally speaking, there is no minimum amount one can settle a case for. The person you are suing must agree not to come after you for malicious prosecution or abusive process. In exchange, you agree to release that person. However, if that person is shown to be at fault, your settlement can be any amount that the judge or jury awards.
You want to know if your medical bills are included in a bodily injury award. Yes, they are always included. However, if you weren't bodily injured, you probably don't have a case - unless it fell under a defamation-type cause of action.
Personal Injury Statistics:
- Every year, in the United States, millions of injuries are inflicted - ranging from minor to deadly
- More than 90,000 people die in the United States as a result of unintentional injuries
- Motor vehicle accidents are the leading cause of injury-related deaths
- Accidental injuries result in approximately 30 million emergency room visits every year
- Every year about 25 percent of all children sustain some type of injury - serious enough to require medical attention, school absences or bed rest
- Falls are one of the leading causes of injury-related deaths in older people
- Falls are also the leading cause of non-fatal injuries to children
- Drowning is the second leading cause of injury-related deaths in children ages 1 to 14
Peach & Weathers Prominent Injury Attorneys
When you are injured due to someone else's negligence, you may end up with extensive medical expenses, long-term disabilities, physical rehabilitation, surgery, and expensive medications. When someone else is responsible for your injuries, you may have a right to recover for your losses.
The best way to protect your rights and recover everything you're entitled to is to work with an experienced personal injury attorney. Contact personal injury attorneys Peach or Weathers, don't let a complicated legal system keep you from collecting what you deserve.