Going to the workplace is a daily occurrence for most people. Did you ever realize that you could be at risk when you enter your work area? Errors of various kinds in the workplace can cause exposure to dangerous materials.
Toxic materials are often used in the workplace. They can cause serious health effects in an exposed individual. How they enter your body, you ask.
- Inhalation or breathing it into your lungs
- Through skin contact - pass through unprotected skin
- Ingestion - through poor hygiene practices - eating or smoking using unclean hands
The following are materials that meet one or more of the criteria to be considered toxic and possible health effects they may cause:
- Methylene chloride - headache, nausea, dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, unconsciousness
- Isopropyl alcohol - headache, nausea, dizziness, drowsiness, incoordination
- Acetone - high concentrations: headache, nausea, dizziness, drowsiness, confusion
- Acetaldehyde - lung injury
- I-Limonene - allergic skin irritation
- Hydrogen peroxide - may be fatal if swallowed
Keep in mind that these same toxic materials can also be found in products on the shelves in your home at this very moment. Always read the warning labels and safe-use instructions before using any products.
When you've been hurt while engaged in your everyday duties at work because of the negligence of an employer, you need to pursue a just compensation for your injuries, as well as lost wages.
If you or a loved one has been injured on-the-job because of such exposure, contact an experienced personal injury attorney at the law offices of Peach & Weathers.
We will provide you with answers and advice on the claims process and what you should do in the event of a workplace injury. We will seek fair compensation and ensure your rights are upheld. We have offices in San Bernardino and Riverside counties for your convenience.