Truck accidents occur frequently on California freeways. High speeds combined, with the impact of a massive and heavy truck, will most likely end in serious injuries or death for the driver and passengers in other vehicles.
It has been said that truck drivers are some of the safest drivers on the roads; however, crashes involving trucks can be deadly due to the size of the vehicle. Contributing to truck accidents is poor maintenance, dangerous road conditions, mechanical failure, defective manufacturing and driver fatigue.
Some big-rig statistics you should know:
- About 130,000 individuals are injured every year in truck accidents
- 98 percent of all massive truck accidents result in at least one death
- Of the 15.5 million trucks in this country, almost 13 percent are semis, big rigs, 18-wheelers, and tractor trailers
- For every 100 million miles driven on roads, there are 2.3 deaths and 60.5 injuries
- The average cost of a commercial truck accident is approximately $59,000
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, contact a highly qualified lawyer at the personal injury law offices Peach & Weathers located in San Bernardino and Riverside counties to learn more about your options.
It is important to note that choosing the right attorney, with the right experience, can make all the difference in the outcome of your case.