Peach & Weathers - A Law Corporation

Over 60 Years of Combined Experience In Personal Injury Law

Slip and fall accidents on the property

I was recently asked by an individual, "What happens if someone renting an apartment slips and falls on the property? For those of you renting an apartment or house from another person, the owner of the property may be legally responsible if it can be proved that their negligence led to your injury.

You must prove that the property owner either failed to maintain the property or created unsafe conditions which caused your injury. You must prove that the owner knew about the dangerous premises or unsafe hazard but posted no warnings to alert potential danger. It must be determined if the unsafe condition was permanent or temporary. If the unsafe condition was temporary, how long did it exist? This may have bearing on your ability to prove your case.

If you can prove your case, you may be able to file a lawsuit to recover your medical expenses, any lost earnings, pain suffered, emotional distress or disfigurement.

If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident and can prove that it resulted because of the property owner's negligence, contact an experienced San Bernardino Personal Injury attorney who can help you recover your expenses and damages.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For a Response

Contact The Firm

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

San Bernardino Office
788 N. Arrowhead Avenue
San Bernardino, CA 92401

Phone: 909-494-2565
Fax: 909-885-9565
San Bernardino Law Office Map

Riverside Office
7095 Indiana Avenue
Suite 200
Riverside, CA 92506

Phone: 909-494-2565
Fax: 909-885-9565
Map & Directions