Did you know that thousands of people get seriously ill from food poisoning each year? Food poisoning can make you sick for days; it can even be fatal.
Foodborne illness occurs when there is contamination involved. Types of food poisoning include Salmonella, Botulism, E. coli and Hepatitis A. There are ways to prevent sickness. The following are a few helpful hints:
· Check the expiration date on any food you purchase
· Wash your hands before and after preparing foods
· Use separate cutting boards and utensils - wash thoroughly
· If black mold on an item, throw it out
· Know how long meat products can be kept in the freezer
· Know how long all food products can be kept
If you or someone in your family is a victim of food poisoning, contact a San Bernardino Personal Injury attorney who understands food poisoning cases.