musement parks, theme parks, water parks and adventure parks are a popular source of entertainment for children, teens and adults.
A recent report indicated that Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm have faced dozens of personal injury lawsuits in recent years. Most asked for compensation for slips and falls, breaks and bruises.
In a review of more than 100 cases, no single ride stood out for being responsible for an accident or injuries. The biggest source of personal injury cases involved people slipping, tripping and falling. Other examples of lawsuits included:
- Darth Vader accidently smacked a woman in the back while shooing away a bird in Disneyland. The woman claimed severe injuries as back pain, headaches and trouble sleeping.
- A man claimed he injured his leg when he stumbled while exiting Space Mountain in Disneyland.
- A family sued after saying a dog in a petting zoo at Disneyland attached their 2-year old daughter.
- A man claimed he hurt his knee after being tackled by security guards at Knott's Berry Farm.
- A man sued Knott's Berry Farm after a wagon-wheel bench rolled over, flipping him backward to the ground.
Now that summer vacation is just about here, many will be spending some time at one or both of these theme parks. If you are injured while visiting one of these amusement parks, you must still prove negligence on the part of the Park; however, California law holds theme parks liable, not just for outright negligence, but also for the slightest failure of care.
If you or a family member has been injured at an amusement park, contact an experienced San Bernardino Personal Injury attorney who will investigate your case to determine whether or not you are entitled to compensation for your injuries, expenses and pain and suffering