With the hustle and bustle of the holidays - shopping, cooking, and running around - there's never enough time to get everything done. If this is the case, take a minute to make sure everything in your home is safe, especially around the Christmas tree and the lights on it. Keep your family and friends safe this holiday season
Did you know holiday fires cause millions of dollars in property damage? Are you aware that decorating injuries send thousands of people to the emergency room? The following are some holiday tips to keep your household safe:
· Christmas Tree - make sure you water it frequently
· Lights - check to make sure there are no frayed or bare wires or loose connections
· Candles - always blow out unattended candles
· Extension cords - never connect more than three light strings together
· Decorating - cords should not run under carpets
It is easy to think that a home fire would never happen in your family, but there are more potential risks around your home than you may think. It only takes a minute to prevent a tragedy. Make sure your home is safe this holiday season.